Saturday, December 1, 2012

to love again

I have opened my heart to love again....

And I am happy. Maybe one of the reasons God allowed me to go through such excruciating pain was for me to realize the value of relationships. And learn from my selfish mistakes of the past. Maybe it was His way of preparing me to be a better person for this new chapter in my life.

Moving on does not mean I have totally forgotten about my late husband. It means simply accepting what can no longer be, thanking him for all the memories that has made me into this resilient woman I am today. And maybe every now and then whisper into the air "Hey, my babe is making me happy every moment of my life... or, He loves me and my daughter so much we could not ask for more.... Thank you for watching over us and for nudging me a bit into the path where he and I would cross ways..."

And no, this is not comparing my past to my present. There is no comparison. I was a different girl back then. I am a different woman now. Closure has been handed. My heart and my life belongs to the present and my future..together with the little girl we now call OURS and the man whose name my heart beats for today and always.


----destiny

0 comments:

Post a Comment